Incident Management System
Incident Management Process
- Identification – detect or report the incident
- Prioritization – prioritized the incident for better utilization of the resources and the support staff time
- Investigation and Diagnosis – if no existing solution from the past could be found the incident is investigated and root cause found
- Registration – register the incident in an ICM system
- Diagnosis – reveal the full symptom of the incident
- Resolution and Recovery – once the solution is found the incident is resolved
- Categorization – the incident is categorized by priority, SLA etc.
- Escalation – should the support staff need support from other organizational units
- Incident closure – the registry entry of the incident in the ICM system is closed by providing the end-status of the incident
Robust Incident Management Software
Automate incident flow using workflow rules, define actions based on events and criteria.
Incident Management System With Shared Inbox
Email has a limitation its a one to one communication, where as in service desk system every incident has a incident hash using that you can track whole communication of staff agents with your customers. everyone in team is on one page.
Convert email, phone, chat, facebook, twitter, and web requests into tickets and keep them organized at one team inbox. Get a graphical statistics to know which channel your customers use more to comminicate with you.
There is time when we wish to simply create a ticket without linking it with any customer and nor we want to send out any email – internal ticket is your perfect choice. Just like regular tickets other staff members can respond to it and get certain task accomplished.
Agent Collision Detection
While solving incident there is every chance that two or more staff agents end up replying to same incident which may look bad from customers point of view. With Vision Helpdesk staff can lock incident they are working on thus others see the lock and thus avoids multiple replies.