Today we have released Vision Helpdesk V3.8.2 Stable Version. This version includes new features and bug fixes from V3.8.0 and previous versions.
The new setup is available for download at our client portal — http://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
I have installed V3.x.x How to Upgrade to V3.8.2?
Step1) Login to client portal — http://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
Step2) From Services >> My Services — You can download new setup for Vision Helpdesk V3.8.2
(We have different setups for PHP5.2 , PHP5.3 and PHP5.4 versions – please download proper setup)
Step3) Take backup of your existing V3.x.x files and database on your server.
example if you had installed on support folder you can rename support to support_bk and create new support folder.
Step4) Unzip V3.8.2 setup – it will have folder named “upload” — you have to upload all files and folders (except setup folder) under upload folder to your server under support folder.
Note : If using ftp to upload make sure you use binary mode to upload files
Step5) Copy below listed files and folders from your backup support_bk
config.php file from your old backup support_bk/config.php to support/config.php
support_bk/attachment/ to support/attachment/
support_bk/logs/ to support/logs/
support_bk/console/pipe.php to support/console/pipe.php
Step6) If you had any customization done in previous version you can copy those files to new files.
Note : We recommend to contact our support team for upgrade.
Step7) Now we have some changes in database — you can update it by running below listed file in browser
In browser open folder – http://yourdomain.com/support/upgrade/
This will show you list of upgrade files from version to version
Based on what version are you running — You can run the upgrade files.
example if you had previous version installed V3.6.0 then simply run
Note : V3.8.2 do not have any database changes so you won’t find any upgrade file for it.
Note : After you run upgrade files – Remove upgrade folder from your installation.
That’s it you are done…
Note : If you are not sure how to upgrade please open support ticket we will help you.
Features in V3.8.2
- On unresolved event added in workflow.
- Client SLA Report added
- Client can add client portal log-in details into invoice email template.
Bug Fixes from (V3.7.4 and previous versions)
- Workflow >> event : on overdue >> workflow working on staff replied ticket and closed ticket , it should not be.
- Forward ticket form : html editor should disable when setting disabled.
- Ticket >> action >> properties >> first name and last name is not updating.
- Client module >> update client form >> we can not change client email to the email which is added as client for other company.
- Merge ticket ( mass action , ticket details ) >> Try to merge 2 tickets of different domain’s >>its merging without error. error should display.
- Ticket parsing : fetch type pop3 >> in that case ticket email ids are getting mixed up.
- Settings >> payment gateway >> add email >> update >> not working , email not saved.
- Client portal >> product >> order now >> run that url without log-in >> its working and invoice created.
- Client portal >> product list >> run that url without login>> client can access product list without log-in
- Settings >> modules >> client >> preferences >> Enable captcha on register : Yes >> not working
- Client portal >> Log-in >>Try log-in with unapproved client details >> Message should be “Client approval pending” instead of “Access denied”
- Manage portal >> staff reply with self help article (article with attachment ) >> attachment not working for staff reply form.
- Client portal >> Register >> Confirm new password >> it should Confirm password.
- Settings >> Domain >> Delete option not needed. Or should display Alert “Can not delete system default settings.”
- Settings>> domain >> default client portal language : English and some blank entries also listing.
- Two way parsing >> Staff reply to Ticket assigned alert ( ticket with blank subject ) >> in that case new ticket created , it should not be. reply should append to the same ticket.
- Settings >> Tax rule >> courser should be text to palm.
- Client module >> client group >> courser should be text to palm
- Client portal >> sub client can access “manage client” and “add client” page using url >> it should not be.
- Closed status should not get delete
- Admin access >> Domain admin >> License : view unchecked >> should display access denied , currently its working.
- Invoice email goes via php email even if we have set SMTP as outgoing in domain.
- Report >> Graphical >> Department statistics >> report width increased to support more department
- Report >> Graphical >> Top performer >> report width increased to support more departments
- client portal >> view tickets >> solved ticket >> listing a blank row.
- Workflow >> add workflow title with special character (/) >> edit form not opened.
For more question about upgrading to latest version please contact our support team.
Join the conversation