Today we have released Vision Helpdesk V5.7.0 Stable Version. This version mainly includes several new features & bug fixes from previous versions.
Steps for the upgrade to V5.7.0 from V5.x.x for Download License (On-Premises License) customers.
Step 1) Log in to the billing area — https://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
Step 2) From Services >> My Services — You can download a new setup for Vision Helpdesk V5.7.0
(Note: This version is mainly built for PHP8.0 and above as older PHP versions are approaching their end of life. )
Step 3) Take a backup of your existing files and database on your server.
example: if you had installed on support folder you can rename support to support_bk and create a new support folder.
Step 4) Unzip V5.7.0 setup – it will have a folder named “upload” — you have to upload all files and folders (except setup folder) under the upload folder to your server under the support folder.
Note : If using ftp to upload make sure you use binary mode to upload files
Step 5) Copy below-listed files and folders from your backup support_bk
support_bk/config.php to support/config.php
support_bk/slaveconfig.php to support/slaveconfig.php
support_bk/avatar/ to support/avatar/
support_bk/attachment/ to support/attachment/
support_bk/logs/ to support/logs/
support_bk/console/pipe.php to support/console/pipe.php
If you had any customization done in the previous version you can copy those files to new files.
Note: We recommend contacting our support team for an upgrade.
Step 6) Now we have some changes in the database — you can update it by running the below-listed file in the browser
In-browser open folder – http://yourdomain.com/support/upgrade/
This will show you a list of upgrade files from version to version
Based on what version are you running — You can run the upgrade files.
For example if you had the previous version installed V5.0.0 then simply run
Note: After you run upgrade files – Remove the upgrade folder from your installation.
That’s it you are done.
Note: If you are not sure how to upgrade please open a support ticket we will help you.
Features added in V.5.7.0
- PHP 8.1 Support
- PHP 8.1-based code optimization.
- Task module staff assignment enhancements.
- Solutions with custom icons.
- Article export to PDF
- Client login url security and expiry.
- SPF checks API for SaaS SMTP
- Report module enhancement
- Twilio API updated
Bug Fixes from previous versions
- Live Chat – Chat acceptance issue resolved
- Fixed issue regarding missed chat filter
- Livechat – typing message related issue.
- E-mailque office 365 refresh token generate issue.
- Livechat chat acceptance issue resolved
- Modern auth SMTP attachment issue fixed.
- MS teams integration tenant enhancement
- Workflow event issue
- Ticket view sort issue
- “Go to LiveChat” buttons via Visitor listing issue.
- ITIL automation level criteria issue
- Asset Scan CI type change for virtual machine agent type
- Service category not showing on client portal issue
- Custom-field search issue
- Asset agent scan app new msi with enhancements.
- Articles display domain-wise on client widget.
- Password validation issue.
- Google reCaptcha validation issue
- Issue with edit category and edit article
- Server category in to asset
- Reflected Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability
- Chat round-robin issue.
Manage Templates –
Client Templates –
Plugins, Design & Scripts
- ALL Files Changed