Your customers drive your business. If they are not happy, you will know, because negative words spread fast and begin to affect your reputation, and, eventually your revenues. Studies indicate that over 80% of customers make a purchase based on the quality of customer service.
Creating systems that ensure timely and streamlined communication and customer support is one of the ways to provide great customer service. Research indicates that businesses lose about $2 trillion a year due to poor customer communication.
With the best help desk in 2024, your business can avoid customer service blunders that drive a wedge between you and your customers. These include issues such as ignoring service requests from customers, failure to resolve issues, poor visibility into the customer experience, and long wait times.
Choosing the Best Help Desk 2024
The hunt for the right help desk for your business cannot be a casual one. Your choice of a help desk marks the difference between happy customers, profit and loss, and a productive customer service team. Your help desk should also serve your business’s unique needs.
First, you need to decide the type of help desk software you need. The different types include:
- On-premise software: This is where you purchase a software license and pay a one-off setup fee. The responsibility for the software’s backup, maintenance, and security falls on you. On the bright side, you have complete control over your private information.
- Enterprise software: These are on-premise software that large companies adopt. They are more expensive as they require advanced features such as change management, enterprise reporting, and multi-brand support.
- Open source software: This is a help desk software that is publicly available. Your developers can access its code and make modifications based on your business needs. For instance, you can increase its security features or fix bugs.
- Web-based or Software as a Service (Saas): This is the kind of software that is hosted on a vendor’s servers. This means that the provider handles backup, security, and maintenance. All you have to do is pay a subscription fee, which makes it an affordable and convenient option.
Web-based software like a satellite help desk can contain enterprise-level features such as multi-brand and multi-company support.
Factors to Consider to Choose the Best Help Desk 2024
1. Understand your customer and employee needs
Begin by understanding your customers’ expectations by monitoring yours and your competitors’ brand mentions. You can also carry out surveys to ask customers what is most important to them, for instance, in terms of the best channel of communication. A multi channel help desk software, for instance, can help ensure timely responses to your clients over different clients to increase satisfaction.
Get insights from your customer care employees as well as to what customers value most and what tools would make them more productive.
2. Get answers to important questions about your help desk provider
You have to consider the credibility of your help desk provider especially when you’re using SaaS software. Get to find out:
- How many paying users do they have
- Their average rating on top software review platforms
- How easy is it to contact them for assistance and their communication channels
- Whether or not they provide a free trial among other benefits for your business
- How to secure your business data is, among other questions that are important for your business.
3. Consider key supported features
Some of the core features that your help desk tool should have include:
- Issue tracking, where you can turn every customer issue into a ticket and track its entire lifecycle.
- Live chat which enables you to provide real-time support to customers
- Reporting and analytics of customer service metrics such as ticket backlog, first response time, and customer satisfaction. You should also be able to monitor the performance of your team
- Scalability, which ensures that a help desk can match your future growth requirements
- Multi-channel support which removes the need to switch between platforms
- Self-service options in the form of knowledge bases and customer portals
- Flexible deployment options including on-premise, cloud, or hybrid modes
- Integration with 3rd-party tools like CRM, billing, and e-commerce sites
Choose the Best Help Desk Software 2024
Choosing the best help desk software should not keep you awake at night. Vision Help Desk is one of the leading multi-feature software providers in the market today. We provide a range of help desk software including multi channel help desk software, satellite help desk software, live chat software, and service desk software.
Whether you want it as a SaaS or an on-premise software, we got you. Our team is available to support you 24/7 to ensure you get the most out of our leading software. Contact us today to book your free trial and jump-start your 2024 with a help desk software that works for you.