Today we have released Vision Helpdesk V2.6.4 Stable Release — this includes fixing of some important bugs in V2.6.2 and some new features added.
Its recommended to upgrade as it will fix below listed bugs in your installation.
Features added in V2.6.4
- Admin Access
- DST – Day Light Saving Time
- Ticket open on clicking entire row
- Edit staff’s password for admin in manage staff section
- Client portal forgot password
- Email template for reply
- Option to make a client as group manager
- Make group as self/ shared / managed
- Now attachment images displayed as thumbnails in ticket
- Fetch WHMCS Admin and User notes in to Vision Helpdesk ( This is with respect to Fetching WHMCS fields module)
Bug fixes in V2.6.4
- Cyrillic characters supported
- Pop3 attachment issue
- Software info graph no of tickets in a month
- Login integration edit-update password
- WHMCS users created multiple times
- WHMCS view tickets domain wise
- Blank tickets created if ticket submitted through Google chrome
- Search option for assigned user in tickets gives execution error
- View’s display domain wise
- Mass action for status changes gives execution error
- If attachment file name consist slashes (single quote) it failed to display attachment name
- If parser failed to parse attachment should display failure log
- IE8 issue for staff reply display
- Attachment file name having space cannot be downloaded
You can find the list of files that were edited during version change V2.6.2 to V2.6.4
How to Upgrade to V2.6.4?
Vision Helpdesk offers Auto upgrades from Admin Panel Click on >> Software Information >> Available Updates will shows updates available for upgrade.
Note : While upgrading it will ask you ftp path –by default it takes complete path to your manage folder which needs to be changed to — ftp path.
Example : A client having path — /home/username/public_html/support/manage/
This path should be changed to — /public_html/support/manage/
(In above example we assume ftp access is given from public_html folder and its sub folders.)
Manual Upgrade :
Step1) Login to http://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
Step 2) From Product and Services >> View Details >> Download zip – Update from 2.6.2 to 2.6.4
Step 3) Unzip above file and upload it to your installation — that is overwrite files on your installation — make sure if you ftp files then it should be in binary format.
Step 4) Run http://yourdomain.com/support/manage/upgrade.php in browser that will update to V2.6.4
Jeremy Otten - May 17, 2010
You worked hard guys. Still some bugs to fix though. See http://thevisionworld.com/forums/index.php/topic,272.msg825.html#msg825
Pingback: Vision Helpdesk API - Application Programming Interface | Vision Helpdesk | Satellite Helpdesk | Web Based Php Ajax Help desk | Online Webhosting Support Helpdesk Software