Today we have released Vision Helpdesk V3.9.12 Stable Version. This version includes new features and bug fixes from V3.9.10 and previous versions.
The new setup is available for download at our client portal — https://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
I have installed V3.x.x How to Upgrade to V3.9.12?
Step1) Login to client portal — https://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
Step2) From Services >> My Services — You can download new setup for Vision Helpdesk V3.9.12
(We have different setups for PHP5.2 , PHP5.3 and PHP5.4 versions – please download proper setup)
Step3) Take backup of your existing V3.x.x files and database on your server.
example if you had installed on support folder you can rename support to support_bk and create new support folder.
Step4) Unzip V3.9.12 setup – it will have folder named “upload” — you have to upload all files and folders (except setup folder) under upload folder to your server under support folder.
Note : If using ftp to upload make sure you use binary mode to upload files
Step5) Copy below listed files and folders from your backup support_bk
config.php file from your old backup support_bk/config.php to support/config.php
support_bk/attachment/ to support/attachment/
support_bk/logs/ to support/logs/
support_bk/console/pipe.php to support/console/pipe.php
Step6) If you had any customization done in previous version you can copy those files to new files.
Note : We recommend to contact our support team for upgrade.
Step7) Now we have some changes in database — you can update it by running below listed file in browser
In browser open folder – http://yourdomain.com/support/upgrade/
This will show you list of upgrade files from version to version
Based on what version are you running — You can run the upgrade files.
example if you had previous version installed V3.6.0 then simply run
Note : After you run upgrade files – Remove upgrade folder from your installation.
That’s it you are done…
Note : If you are not sure how to upgrade please open support ticket we will help you.
Features in V3.9.12
- Email template variables for department,ticket type, priorities with subject line
- New reports added
1.Domain wise open ticket summary
2.Department wise open ticket summary
3.Client wise time tracking report.
- New channel web portal added.
- Custom field in export to pdf option available now with ticket details
- Ticket closing date for a ticket is listed at client portal
Bug Fixes from (V3.9.10 and previous versions)
- Tag listing in alphabetical order and solved issue related tag count for ticket.
- Authentication mechanism for SMTP is now automatically detected.
- Fixed issue with TLS mode in SMTP authentication
- Admin name is in assign to field
- Blab add error fixed.
- Fixed department wise time tracking report bug
- Solved department access issue of status,type,priority,flag
- Bug related to domain and department access related to report in fixed.
- Parser error for unidentified message-id is fixed.
ALTER TABLE avis_gateway_log ENGINE = MyISAM;
ALTER TABLE avis_gateway_log CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE avis_time_tracker ENGINE = MyISAM;
ALTER TABLE avis_time_tracker CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8;
For more question about upgrading to latest version please contact our support team.
Join the conversation