As a competitive CEO, CIO or IT head, you know that when you satisfy your customers, your brand image grows, which increases client loyalty.
To satisfy customers, you need high-quality customer support and assistance, besides be available. That’s why more and more businesses are using ITIL service desk software asset management solutions. Here’s what you need to know about ITIL service desk software asset management and its many benefits.
WHAT IS ITIL SERVICE DESK SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT?
Most likely, you’ve heard of ITIL service desk software asset management but may not fully understand what it means. Put simply, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a business practice that uses the IT resources within a business or organization. It can be software or hardware.
Software assets management includes installations, incenses, Oss and other things. Hardware assets management can entail workstations and their various components, printers, network devices and smartphones.
FIVE TOP BENEFITS ITIL SERVICE DESK SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT
1. A one-stop solution
A huge perk is that it offers a single point of communication. There is a central or one-stop solution for all requests, queries, customer support, complaints and other assistance needs. In other words, it allows a customer support team to manage all types of requests and client complaints from one location, making it hassle-free.
2. Better tracking and monitoring
ITIL service desk software asset management improves tracking and monitoring. It shows the current status of customer service complaints and requests. Moreover, it lets you see the entire incident resolution cycle, beginning from when a problem is first registered up until the final resolution. This is all done in an affordable manner, making it cost-effective.
3. Higher Quality of Customer Support and Assistance
By implementing advanced service desk assets management solutions, your business can render a higher quality of customer support and assistance. The various features and tools let your clients know they’re receiving accurate and complete help with all their questions and issues.
4. Improved Relationships with Clients
When you give your customers the highest quality of service, you can strengthen the bond between yourself and your customers. What’s more, this can lead to increased sales, besides acquiring new clients.
5. Quicker problem resolution time
When you use this software, issues are resolved in less time. Consider than as soon as a customer contacts the service desk, the person who logs into the incident can see all the related assets.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING YOUR SOFTWARE
Before you buy the software, it’s important to make some considerations, such as:
- Examine your requirements. Identify the essential features, functions and actions you need.
- Determine if you need to replace or upgrade your service desk software. Ask about update frequency and if the customizations remain intact with the upgrades.
- Understand how a vendor licenses their technology as different vendors use different methods for technology licensing.
- Get input from your IT support team. Ask them what they need, regarding software. Consider that it’s not only your tool but the tool of your support staff.
- Consider if your business needs on-premise or cloud-based solutions.
- Consider vendor support.
- Determine the amount of effort needed for implementing the software.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND WARNINGS
- The software fulfils a wide range of various roles within a business.
- ITIL service desk software asset management includes features, such as a robust dashboard that allows for price comparison.
- Although the terms “help desk” and “service desk” are often thought to be the same thing, they are different. Consider that while a service desk can be used as a help desk, a help desk can never be used as a service desk.
- Another benefit is that the software improves accountability in business operations.
- Choosing the right software can help your service desk handle all types of service desk jobs quicker, easier and more efficiently.
Questions? To learn more about ITIL service desk software asset management and our wide range of products, contact us and receive a free trial.
Vision Helpdesk: Simplify Your Life
signup for 30 days free trial.. no credit card. no obligation
Join the conversation