Today we have released Vision Helpdesk V4.4.2 Stable Version. This version includes bug fixes from previous versions.
The new setup is available for download at our billing area — https://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
I have installed V4.x.x How to Upgrade to V4.4.2?
Step 1) Login to billing area — https://secure.visionhelpdesk.com
Step 2) From Services >> My Services — You can download new setup for Vision Helpdesk V4.4.2
(We have different setups for PHP5.2, PHP5.3, PHP5.4, PHP5.5 and PHP5.6 versions – please download proper setup)
Step 3) Take backup of your existing files and database on your server.
example if you had installed on support folder you can rename support to support_bk and create new support folder.
Step 4) Unzip V4.4.2 setup – it will have folder named “upload” — you have to upload all files and folders (except setup folder) under upload folder to your server under support folder.
Note : If using ftp to upload make sure you use binary mode to upload files
Step 5) Copy below listed files and folders from your backup support_bk
support_bk/config.php to support/config.php
support_bk/slaveconfig.php to support/slaveconfig.php
support_bk/avatar/ to support/avatar/
support_bk/attachment/ to support/attachment/
support_bk/logs/ to support/logs/
support_bk/console/pipe.php to support/console/pipe.php
If you had any customization done in previous version you can copy those files to new files.
Note : We recommend to contact our support team for upgrade.
Step 6) Now we have some changes in database — you can update it by running below listed file in browser
In browser open folder – http://yourdomain.com/support/upgrade/
This will show you list of upgrade files from version to version
Based on what version are you running — You can run the upgrade files.
example if you had previous version installed V4.0.0 then simply run
Note : After you run upgrade files – Remove upgrade folder from your installation.
That’s it you are done..
Note : If you are not sure how to upgrade please open support ticket we will help you.
- Added API function in order to get SALT KEY for a client, this key is used for auto login for client.
- DST Setting – Automatically detecting DST settings as per timezone.
Bug Fixes from V4.4.0 and previous versions
- Issue with ticket note deletion.
- Forum result displayed on search result on customer portal even if forum module is disabled.
- Ticket comment display issue on ticket details resolved.
- Avoid duplicate page title for client side submit ticket
- Department on change issue of submit ticket on client portal.
- After Reply as a Quote audit log not getting updated.
- Optimize ticket detail display.
Join the conversation